Thursday, June 3, 2010

Small And Simple Things







Never have I ever been so sick of cake! I do not think we had a day all last weekend that cake was not a continuous guest in our bellies! I am a week late but I would like to say Happy Birthday to Rachel and Amanda last week and to Brandee this Sunday. May you be one year older and better too :]
I was walking down the sidewalk the other day and out of nowhere on this dark and windy day, the most beautiful pink flower blew past my feet. I quickly swooped it up, carried it home and triumphetly mounted it on my corkboard as a trophy to the rememberance of small and simple things. Unpod, turn off the cell phone and notice the beauty around you. Open up your eyes and you will see a whole new world in the details.
Michelle shared this little quote she found in a coloring book with me.
"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu
Never forget to love those around you. I learned this week when I forget to love others is when I feel the worst. You can't let little mishaps ruin your persepective. When your heart feels that it needs to close itself to the world, that is actually the time you need to open it most.

No comments: