Sunday, May 9, 2010

We're going on an adventure!

On behalf of rememberance of my nephew's birthday, I thought I would share this silly little picture :] He is an avid fan of Star Wars, so I thought it befitting.

It is strange. This is the first Mother's day weekend I am not home. It's strange because this is the day we celebrate my mom and three births of family members! (one dear sister, and two extaordinary nephews) My family really does come first in my life and I am missing all the loudness our gatherings bring! I love you familia!
But this weekend was an adventurous one! I sure did keep busy! Friday I got to put my newly learned ballroom dancing skills to the test, and sometimes I failed and got my toes stomped on but other times I glided around the room in a wonderful waltz! I love the fact that the LDS faith is so diverse in dancing abilities.
Then comes Saturday. To relieve the stress of the week, my roommate and I explored the near by train tracks, swung on the haunted swings and hiked the R mountain. It was a very eventful trip and we have pictures to prove it.
^TOMS go with me on my explorations of course :]
^Train Tracks!
^I am learning you need to always notice the details, it is the simple things in life that bring you the greatest happiness.


^Hiking R Mountain!


^View from the top! The sunset decided to hide behind the clouds.

1 comment:

michaela hoenigman said...

We missed having you here! Glad you had an adventure though. Beauty is in the details. Like the little detail that you are soooo cool.