Sunday, June 20, 2010

Like Vines We Intertwine

MONEY TREE! It will be the only living organism I will take care of at college....I can't handle anything else!



Now that I have just shared to you my pride and joy, I am going to tell a little story about my life.
Where does time go? It seems today starts the countdown to everything. 5 weeks until Amanda's wedding. 4 weeks untill school is over and I am officially done being a freshman, but still have yet to figure out what major to pick. Then 1 week until my birthday! I read a talk titled "Have I done good for someone today?" by President Monson the other day, and he inspired me to do this....As a birthday present I want everyone to do a kind act- really try to make someone's day, maybe even change their life a little for the better. That is all I ask for. Even though I would love to have another pair to TOMS and a guitar given to me, I have this storng desire to turn the attention away from me on my day of birth and try to lift the world up. Then on the day of my birthday, I would like everyone to report back to me what you did. That would be the best present I could recieve.

Enough about me, lets turn our attention to someone who brought us into this world. He goes by many different names: Father, Dad, Padre, Fasha (pronounce how it is spelled), Papa, Pa, Old man, so on and so on. I know him as the number one Dad I could possibly ask for. I used to be such a Daddy's little girl, and as the years have passed I know my relationship is not as close, but my love for him has grown. I believe my joy for every moment I get to talk to him exceeds the last moment. I love my Father here on this Earth and in heaven. They both give me such great guidance. It seems that Father's day is much under appreciated, lets change that! Remember to love your Dad and treat him extra special on this this day that was designated just for him :] FELIZ DIA DEL PADRE!

1 comment:

michaela hoenigman said...

I happen to know your dad and agree with all you said. You were a daddy girl. ANd were lucky to be his daughter.