Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cross My Heart

This four day in between in Utah has shown itself useful in my little life while I wait like a little puppy for my step sister to get home from working so I can bomb bared her with small talk. I have read two books! Yes two, I am an accomplished lady. But I am only going to dwell on one (the other was just as magnificent but I do not have the book on me at the moment, so I can not do it justice without the author and direct little sayings). The book I am going to talk about is "Cross My Heart" by Julie Wright. It is an easy read and I found it humorous at times.
You know how you learn when you read, well I did learn a little with this book.
There are such things as fringe friends-you know the friends that hang out with your group of friends but you only call to hang out with when no one else is available. As I laughed about this, I was also instantly worried about it too. I know I don't have any, but am I one?? Lets just not talk about it...
Now I would like to share some of my favorite quotes out of the book that she shared (that is right Julie Wright found them first before me). I am sharing them because they are a little funny and a little true.

"Scientists say that the brain chemistry of infatuation is akin to mental illness-which gives new meaning to 'madly in love'." - Lauren Slater, National Geographic

This one I thought my sisters would get a kick out of:
"Good parenting requires that you make sure your children have something to talk about with their therapists..." -Romania Brown

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What? You too? I thought I was the only one!'" -C.S. Lewis

No comments: